25 June, 2022

Notice

Dear followers of Twitter, subscribers and readers of this blog


This blog has been suspended temporarily since 8 June due to the copyright infringement, but I am pleased to announce that the weekly update will be resumed on the next Saturday (1 July, Japanese time). However, many past articles remain unavailable.

Before the suspension, I have written 175 articles in three years with over 800 images. Inserting a new watermark to all photos and editing all articles will surely take weeks and thus it is not feasible. Therefore, I have given up making all articles public once again, and decided instead to reinstate only 12 articles which seem to be important.

I have been inserting a watermark to almost all photos I upload online, and many of you may think that my response to copyright infringement is a little excessive. There is a reason why I take the case very seriously: about two years ago, at least one of my photos was sold by an unknown individual without my permission, and an agent in the United States claimed that THEY had the copyright and effectively blackmailed me. Hence, I had no other option but to defend myself this time.

Images on the blog and The Red List of Trains in Japan now have a logo and URL. I appreciate your patience and understanding.



KHKQ
, a Japanese railway enthusiast