25 July, 2023

(Updated) About my social media accounts

Twitter has been changing with significant negative impact on users, and frequent technical troubles have been observed as well. Getting rid of the blue bird logo and replacing it with X does not necessarily mean that the service will terminate, but it is unlikely to be something useful without (or even with) charging. Hence, I would like to list up alternative social media accounts that I currently use once again.


Mastodon

networker_365@mastodonapp.uk is my English account, and I appreciate your following. Some other servers which do not regulate illegal or antisocial posts including mstdn.jp and pawoo.net have been blocked or restricted, meaning that users of those servers may not be able to follow or even find me.

I also post some train photos to KHKQ@fedibird.com. All posts are written in Japanese, but I recently started attaching English alternative text (ALT) to each photo. At the moment, I generally do not follow back any non-Japanese speakers from this account (except those I know well on Twitter or other platforms).


Bluesky

I recently created a Bluesky account. I will use it more and more in coming months as I stop frequently checking X (Twitter) timeline. (*Update: 16 September)


Threads

I also have a Threads account, but I do not use it daily. When Threads connects to fediverse, I will follow Threads accounts from Mastodon mentioned above.

Sadly, it is reported that the number of active Threads users plummeted after a honeymoon period. I believe that unless Meta provides a timeline only showing accounts that one follows in a chronological order, Threads will never be an alternative for Twitter.


X (Twitter)

Twitter is still an easy tool to communicate with a large number of active users, and it is also easy to attract a wide audience. That is why I still retain my Twitter account even though I use it far less than I did until last year.

I do not think that the platform will be closed anytime soon, but there is nothing certain about its future. Therefore, I would like to kindly ask considering alternative options and follow me on other platforms before it is too late. I appreciate your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment